We Provide Comprehensive Eye Examinations
Your eyes are windows to your soul, but they can also tell us a lot about your overall health. That’s why we provide comprehensive eye examinations for all of our patients.
During your exam, we’ll assess your vision and determine if you need glasses or contacts. We’ll also check for any eye diseases or conditions that could affect your vision or overall health.
What Happens During an Eye Exam
As part of your exam, we’ll perform a number of tests, including:
- Visual acuity test: This test measures how clearly you can see.
- Refraction test: This test helps us determine the correct prescription for glasses or contacts.
- Ocular motility test: This test checks the movement of your eyes and how well they work together.
- Pupillary response test: This test checks how your pupils react to light.
- Tonometry test: This test measures the pressure inside your eyes.
- Dilated eye exam: This test uses drops to widen your pupils so we can examine the inside of your eyes.
How Eye Exams Can Help You Stay Healthy
The results of your exam will help us determine if you have any eye diseases or conditions. If we do find any problems, we’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan.
We also use the information from your exam to monitor your overall health. For example, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol can all affect your eyes. By detecting these conditions early, we can help you prevent or manage them and protect your vision.
We encourage you to schedule an eye exam at least once a year. This is especially important as you get older, as your risk of developing eye diseases increases with age.